Monday, March 31, 2008

A Few Notes About My Birthday

Yes, my birthday was yesterday. I am not going to go into a huge discussion about it, but I will say that we had a wonderful weekend. My parents came to visit, so we talked and laughed, played with the kids and ate a lot. Highlights included:

~ birthday cards handmade by the kids. Emma's was of snakes having a party, and there was a 15-layer cake!
~ the kids making Matt bring them to Target so they could all buy me gifts. I got fancy soaps, lotions, a manicure kit, flower seeds--complete with beautiful bows for the packages.
~ the kids deciding that since it was my day, there would be NO fighting allowed. Everyone on best behavior!
~ not lifting a finger for dinner either night. Matt did all the cooking, and it was delicious. I didn't even do dishes!
~ the chocolate jelly roll cake Matt and Rachel made, filled with mint chip ice cream and drizzled with ganache. Perfection on a plate!
~ the last fire of the season, more than likely.
~ Emma gave me one of her favorite stuffed bunnies for my bed--its neck ribbon is purple, like my duvet cover.
~ doing a bit of shopping with my mom--one of our very favorite activities!
~ clothes from Mom and Dad
~ phone calls, emails and e-cards from friends and family over the day
~ a very loving card from Matt and a lovely foot massage last night, complete with lotion (my gift was the Roomba, so I made him promise not to buy anything. All his gifts were from his heart and mind and hands!)

Today when Ben and Emma started bickering, I reminded them that we agreed that not fighting was so nice yesterday that every day should be Mama's birthday....and they stopped fighting! Almost worth getting another year older!

--Jen

1 comment:

Chloe [-headbang-] said...

Sounds like a great birthday weekend xD

Felt like my birthday yesterday, too, we went shopping so much...xDD

--Chloe [[can't wait for Octoooooober!]]