Saturday, March 29, 2008

Emma Math

Last night I took Ben and Emma with me to the grocery store and to Border's while Matt took Rachel and Julia to a Girl Scout disco night. We had a good time, and on the way up to the checkout I saw a display of Easter treats at 50% off. Among them were boxes of tiny pompom chicks, and in fact Julia was upset the Easter bunny hadn't left any in her basket this year. So I figured--12 chicks for $2 was a bargain, why not?

Emma was thrilled we were buying them, and wanted to hold the box in the car. So I let her, but cautioned her that she'd have to share the chicks with her siblings--they weren't all for her.

She looked right at me and said, "Yes--we'll each have three chicks."

They were in four rows of three. But I didn't think she'd notice that. Huh!

--Jen

2 comments:

Chloe [-headbang-] said...

Happy Birthday, Aunt Jen. x)

Emma's so cute. haha xDD

--Chloe

Willfulmina said...

Happy Birthday, Aunt Jen!