Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Stuff

I got a flyer in the mail yesterday saying that Monday (September 17) is the day that the Big Brothers/Big Sisters truck will be in my neighborhood, picking up donations. This means that if I can get it together in time, I can put out boxes of clothing, toys, curtains and bedding, small appliances, dishes and glassware--basically anything I have gathering dust, I guess--and leave it at the curb in labeled boxes, and it will get picked up with no effort on my part and donated to a worthy charity. Sign me up!

The only glitch in this plan is that we are leaving on Saturday afternoon for Brooklyn, where we'll be staying with my parents till Monday afternoon (which is past the time the truck will come, probably) in order to go to Matt's cousin's wedding on Sunday. So really I only have until Saturday, and if there's rain....

I will have to watch the forecast and see. I suppose I could call their 800 number for a special pickup, which they tell you to do if you have furniture. They would probably do it rather than risk having things get ruined. I just wish it was time to switch the clothing for the fall--I'd have more to give, probably. But I don't do that before October. It doesn't pay--I'd have to leave summer clothes in the drawers, and then they'd end up staying all winter and Emma would want to wear sundresses in February. Better to wait for the weather to really change.

Jen

No comments: