Tuesday, July 10, 2007

First Tomato of the Summer

We picked our very first tomato today! This is the first real tomato I have ever grown, by the way....when we lived in Iowa we had a pot of cherry tomatoes on the patio which we thought were doing well, but in the end gave us only about four tomatoes. Our plants here are doing beautifully--we have another one almost ripe, another five or six that are green, and many clusters of grape and cherry tomatoes. I am so excited!

I sliced it into our salad tonight, and it was truly beautiful. Deep red, juicy, not a lot of seeds. The best smell, and tasted much better than any of the store tomatoes.

Yum!

Jen

1 comment:

Alexander said...

Please, read my e-book "An Ordinary Black Cat" and let me know what you think. It is in www.catyourway.com I wonder if you write an article about my book...