Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Request for Treats

This is a real conversation that happened yesterday.

Emma: "Mama, when will you make Rice Kwispie Treats again?"

Me: "When we have all the ingredients in the house, I will."

Emma: "But you can just make them....."

Ben: (pacing as he talks, very serious) "Emma, to make Rice Krispie treats you need to melt butter and marshmallows together in a pan, then you stir in Rice Krispies and push it into the pan and then when it cools off you have them." (Thinks a minute) "Mom-- we have marshmallows in the pantry, I saw them. And we always have butter."

Me: "I know, but we don't have any Rice Krispies. We don't eat them very often. Next time I see them I can buy them for you."

Emma: "No! You don't understand what I'm talking about! You can just make the Rice Kwispies!"

Me: So you want me to make the cereal myself in the kitchen? Honey, I don't know how to do that. That's why we buy them already made.

Emma: (grumpy) I think you could if you really tried. Or if you Googly-ed it.

No comments: