Friday, May 16, 2008

This Morning

This morning was very quiet. Julia and Rachel are still at their sleepover, and Matt got up to go about his business. We'd wondered if Ben would sleep in without the girls upstairs (you never know what might wake him in the morning, so we figured quiet would only be a benefit....) but no, he woke up and ate breakfast with Daddy. I went back to sleep when Emma came in and snuggled against me like a baby koala, it was so comfy and warm.

I woke up sometime later, not knowing why--turned out it was because Ben was sitting on the bed next to me, staring at me. (You know how when someone is watching you sleep you can somehow feel it and you wake all of a sudden?) I said good morning to him and ruffled his hair.

"Good morning, Llama," he said in his cute little voice, "it's a very peaceful, fresh air morning!"

With a boy like that, how could I stay asleep?

--Jen

No comments: