Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Hungry Crocodile, a Poem by Julia

Another gem by my little poet....


One day I met a crocodile walking by the lake,
so I invited him to lunch, and for dessert we'd have some cake.
To my surprise, he came at 2 o'clock on the dot.
He ate his lunch up in a twinkle and said, "That really hit the spot!"
"And now dessert!" I said loudly,
But I was scared out of my shorts!
While he began to munch his cake, I talked about some sports.
Soccer he had never played,
Basketball, he never paid,
But he ate his cake very very soon,
And said to come back tomorrow at noon.
So, I set the table with lots of care,
put on his plate some roasted hare,
But when he got there I was still busy as a bee,
So while he was waiting he GULP!
Ate me!

3 comments:

Nan Patience said...

How to handle a monster, very good!

Chloe [-headbang-] said...

You know, I think Jules might actually be able to publisch these...Later on, she could gather all her poems and put them in a book. I think it'd be a bestseller.

--Chloe

Jen said...

thanks, Chloe! I think she's pretty talented myself....next time you come across the pond you have to see her comics. They are awesome. I'd take a photo and put it on the blog, but I don't think it'd be readable...she draws in boxes and with the writing you have to really be able to pay attention. Unless I could get her to do one where each box is a piece of paper and then put them in order on the blog. That could work.

--Jen