Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Where Do Librarians Live?

We were getting ready to go to the library this afternoon. Emma was watching me get my shoes on and brush my hair, following me from my bedroom to the bathroom.

"Mama--the librarians live at the library," she announced very seriously.

"No, they don't, honey," I said, laughing. She thought for a moment, and then wrinkled up her nose and forehead.

"Then why are they always there when we go to the library?" she asked logically.

I explained that it was a job for them; Daddy goes to the office every day, but he doesn't live there, he comes home to us at night. The librarians all have homes and families to go home to after work, just like Daddy comes home to us. She thought for another moment, then came to her decision.

"Then I want to go over to their houses and see where they live!" she declared.

Why is this girl so cute?

--Jen

No comments: