Sunday, October 7, 2007

Not Bedtime

After dinner this evening I went for a long walk in lieu of a real workout. It was a great night, breezy and cool enough that I was doing a fast walk/slow jog to keep warm in my long sleeved T-shirt and pants. It was dark and quiet, leaves were skittering around, and it was nice and autumnal, which is a switch after the past week of heat and humidity. Anyway, I was gone about an hour, and when I got home, Emma was tired and kind of loopy--ready to go to sleep, in other words. It was just before 8:00, which is perfect, and I was anticipating doing some email and watching "Desperate Housewives" on the DVR.

Well, now it's 10:00, and guess who still isn't asleep? She has been talking a blue streak, singing, walking around, saying how she isn't tired, playing with the cat, and in general making ME quite tired! I don't know what the deal is, but I do know I'm sick of it! This is the third night in the last week that she hasn't gone down easily. I wonder if she's about to wean? (I wouldn't complain about THAT, for sure!)

--Jen

1 comment:

MamaBirdEmma said...

Sounds like our house. E. finally crashed on the living room carpet... I am dreading the move to her bed!