Friday, September 7, 2007

McDonald's Playland

I took the kids to McDonald's today--we had coupons for free kids' meals from the summer reading program, and we hadn't gone in quite some time, so I thought it would be a nice reward after three days of school this week. It was nice and deserted, since it is the first week of school here. Most of the time we had the whole place to ourselves. Rachel asked me why the kids who did come in left so quickly...I said because most parents were taking them there as a break in shopping (our McD's playland is at the outlet mall) whereas we just go there for the playland itself.

What was really great today? The fact that I now have FOUR kids who are big enough (and brave enough, for quite some time there was that factor, too) to go into the play structure alone and without any encouragement from me. I brought my BOOK, and read while they played! I had my Starbucks coffee, and all I had to do was occasionally wave at them in the plastic bubble, or express how amazed I was that Emma could climb and slide by herself.

They played very well together, and I got to read for almost two hours. The we went to Gymboree, Gap and Children's Place to scoop up summer things on clearance--love getting Gymboree clothes for $5! Not to mention the .99 rack at Children's Place....and I got Emma THE cutest fall dress at the Gap, which was not on clearance but was far too cute to resist. It's made to look like a little skirt with a layered tee, but is really one piece. Brown and white polka dotted skirt, hot pink tee and panties, the layer tee is white. SO cute, I want one too.

Unfortunately, what I truly wanted was bathing suits for all three girls next summer--that was a no go. They were all gone. Oh well.

Jen

1 comment:

MamaBirdEmma said...

I've often thought that McDonald's Playland would be a great place to go on a rainy day... when the kidletts are driving their Mama crazy!