Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Matt's Visit


Not to be confused with our Matt---this is a different one! My Matt's childhood best friend is also named Matt...he now lives in Seattle, and we haven't seen him for 4 years or so. He was coming east to visit, and we got to have him with us for Labor Day weekend. It was great, especially because the kids hear about him, but either hadn't met him or didn't remember much about him. And great for us adults to catch up, reminisce, and just have fun together. We went to the beach twice (two different ones, for variety), into Greenport, ate great food and desserts--including coconut cream pie, which I have to say was really good--and drank a lot of coffee while talking and staying up late. Conveniently for me, Matt works for Starbucks, and gets free coffee every week (I think that should be my extra money job! Getting paid and a free pound of Starbucks every week?!) and so gave us two delicious bags of coffee....it's really a shame he can't visit more often!

Anyway, I took this photo surreptitiously, and it sums up the ease and fun of having an old friend come to visit. All the kids had a really great time getting to know him. (And I think that he may be cured of any romantic notions of having kids of his own, sorry about that, Matt!)

Jen

No comments: